Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thyroid Biopsy

So, I had the biopsy yesterday. I went on Tuesday for a check-up, the doctor was late as ever arriving and I was completely frustrated, but then he was so nice when I finally saw him and fit me in for biopsy so quickly, I let my frustration melt away. I drove to his other office yesterday, only to wait a full 60 mintues before being seen. Talk about enraged. I got the biopsy done and was out of there and when I was leaving another couple was complaining about the 45 minute late appointment with no explanation as to why. I figured I better do a review online so others will know. That's what I'll do when I am done here.



As for the Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) of my thyroid, it went off without a hitch. I was a bit nervous when I saw all the needles but I was equipped witht he 23 Psalm and I recited it over and over through the entire procedure. I mean the whole time that he dug and juuged in my neck, I recited the 23 Psalm. It was comforting and helped me through it. I must say my neck is pretty sore today. He numbed me with one needle and I think the numbing agent stung more than anything else, then he stuck the biopsy needle in and sort of pushed and rotated it around getting a good sampling of the tissue. I hung tough through it and did not bleed much at all.



Now a TWW (two week wait) for results. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for benign cells. Malignant cells = cancer of the thyroid and the entire thing has to be removed. I bind up malignancy and cast it into the botoomless pits of hell where it belongs.



The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters, he restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for His name sake. Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadows of death, I will fear no evil. For thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort. Thy preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thy annointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good thing is you did it. I imagine the wait is not as easy, but you've made it this far, trusting God to keep you and He will.
It even sounded comforting, you relaying how you repeated the 23rd Psalm throughout your procedure.

Praying for benign results.
Take care & God Bless,
Anna

The Rebound Girl said...

Thank you Anna.