Monday, July 13, 2009

Almost 9 months

I am ready today. I have been going back and forth regarding delivery, not quite ready and a little anxious, wanting the baby all to myself, loving our time together…but today, I feel ready. I think it has more to do with my physical than my mental. My body is ready for this to end it seems. I have the puffiness in my face and feet, inability to get enough sleep and need to do some real body detoxing. I remember one of my co-workers saying ‘I am so over the whole pregnancy thing’ when she was at the end. I don’t feel like that, just feel like my body is saying ‘I can’t take much more’. Not to mention one of my co-workers wives just delivered a 9lb 1oz baby boy and another just went on maternity leave with hopes the baby will come soon.

My sleep is off now. This is the time they say get as much rest as you can, but my 9 hours are just not enough anymore. I need 12. This weekend I slept in both days and found myself waking up after 12 hours, so I know that is what I need. Last night I was down at 9:15 but I certainly did not get 9 hours of sleep. I was up a bit waiting on Lil’ butterbean to settle down, then up a few times for potty breaks, tossing from side to side unable to get comfortable, hot, cold, thirsty and just waiting on those annoying birds to start their daggone chirping outside my window (turns out they did not start until around 6:30am as opposed to 4:30am). How am I supposed to get sleep like this? By the time the baby comes I’ll be doubly exhausted.

On another note, I did some good work in the nursery. I hung the curtains and the wall art, I febreezed the gilder and ottoman, I washed her clothes to take to the hospital. Today I’ll finish washing a few other things and pack her bag. I am going home at lunchtime today to do some more work, like sort the recycle, because Mr. Butterbean Sr. refuses to accept recycling is not just a good thing, it’s the law in our area. As I was folding Lil’ Butterbean’s clothes I marveled at the tiny little newborn pants, then thought wonder if they will be high waters on those long grasshopper legs the doctors say she has. LOL!!! Its okay, she’ll get one good wear out of them atleast. Tonight I’ll get the little socks I purchased at the Mom’s swap meet and wash those, along with a couple receiving blankets and stuff.

Get this, one of my neighbors heard me talking about breast feeding and gave me a medela pump! I was so pleased, she said she was going to give it to goodwill and I encouraged her to put it on Craigslist or Ebay, but she said she does not have the patience for that. So she gave it to me along with 2 receiving blankets and a little seat (the name escapes me now). I thought it was such a generous gift. So that’s one other thing I don’t have to worry about purchasing. YIPPEE!!!

So tomorrow is our next appointment and I am taking questions from my birthing plan in to go over. After today I go every week, but the doctor’s told me I do not have to do the internal exams since I am having a c/s. Well that’s a plus, my doctor has some pretty big hands. Ouch!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hang in there!
I imagine space is getting tight for the little one, so you're both uncomfortable.

Good thing, she's almost done baking.

Wishing you all the best.
Anna