Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 38, Day 2

So sex makes the baby some faster, eh? I am going to put it to the test. I told my co-worker I think that is just something they say to make us have sex with our partners. But we shall see.

I was having stronger and longer Braxton Hicks a few days ago with some shooting around my back. Nothing that doubled me over, but I felt it. I told my sister about this and she said ‘um hmmm, it was 3 or 4 days for me before the baby came when that started happening’. We are having lots of movement too. My little girl is just out of room and that’s all to it. Between the movement and contractions, I can tell the end is near, how near? I am not sure. I reported everything to my doctor who told me to tell the contractions to behave until next week when we have our planned c/s. He said if I have more than 4 contractions an hour that last longer than 1 minute to come in. I say, if my water breaks I will go on in.

I am bloated and my nose is constantly peeling. I mean my nose is so flaky its not funny. The more I grease it up the more it flakes. Alas, I give in. I have braided my hair and plan to do a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow arch on Friday (if I last). That way I’ll look decent at the hospital. As it stands, I just want to be able to sleep on my back atleast, the stomach will come after I heal. I want my arm to stop going numb and my feet and fingers to stop swelling. I can’t even wear my wedding rings. But its all part of the game plan and victory will be mine in the end!

We got the travel system Monday. Oh its so cute. I also got the bassinet off craigslist and washed every part of it. I am going to assemble it tonight and my husband is going to set up the main level of the house for me when I get home. I am so excited and anxious! I am one day closer to holding my Lil’ Butterbean. Pregnancy has been a wonderful journey and I can’t wait to share our birth story.

2 comments:

Anna said...

It's supposed to work... but I guess it works for some and not for others.

Hope you have a relaxing manicure, pedicure & facial. I think both you and baby (well, mostly you) will appreciate this bit of pampering. Enjoy!


(I'll be away for a little bit, but hopefully will make it back before baby makes her grand appearance. Till then, I just want to wish you tremendous best wishes for a non-eventful delivery.)

Many blessings, you've come a long way!!
Now, on to the parenting phase.

God Bless & only the best.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Thank you Anna. The visit to the spa was spectacular. My feet were singing praises as they were soaked, scrubbed and massaged back to life. I spent 2 hours being pampered and it was worth every penny!

Yes, a new phase is in store. I can't believe next week, I'll be holding my little girl. God is amazing and better to me than I could ever be to myself. I give him the praise of all of this!

We'll chat soon!

The Rebound Girl