Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 37, Day 3

14 more days until I hold my Lil’ Butterbean. At least that is the plan. For some reason I do not believe Lil’ Butterbean is going to stick to the plan, but it’s all up to God to decide. I’ve had a few people tell me that they think the last week in July will be the time. I agree as I have always thought my baby would be born at 38 weeks. Now I long for the desire to go into labor naturally even if it results in c/s. What I mean is, I want Lil’ Butterbean to choose her own due date, to feel some contractions and then do the c/s. I am opting for that next pregnancy since I did not do it this time. But like I said I think Lil’ Butterbean will make her debut and I will get to experience all of that and be happy to get a c/s as opposed to pushing her out.

Sunday, we went on the hospital tour and that was informative and fun. It just helps reinforce things for Mr. Butterbean Sr. and get him mentally prepped. He is so anxious to meet our little girl and it’s quite precious to me. She is sooooooo active and he has seen and felt her movements lately. He told me that it seems like she wants to come out. I told him I think so. One night he said I grunted in my sleep all night and he was afraid to sleep for something happening. I told him it’s just his little one up and doing some aggressive movement, movement that I am sure will pop the bag and send me into labor. But we will see. I just brace myself for what may happen at any moment.

In the meantime, I am tired because I am not getting the sleep they suggest. How can I when the baby is so active at sleep time and I can barely get comfortable? On top of that the feet and hands are slightly swollen and my face and nose have just taken a turn for the worse (LOL!!). I feel bloated, my breasts are changing more than ever now and when I wake in the morning my eyes are red and puffy. It ain’t pretty, but that is what’s up. Soon I will be beaming and glowing again, when I see this little girl and hold her close. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

Anna said...

You're right... all the puffiness and not feeling pretty will go away (-- hmmm perhaps not immediately after birth 'cos I imagine the lack of sleep and lack of mommy time will be lacking)... eventually!
That's why I think children should love their parents, especially mom, for all she goes through to get them here safe and sound.

Who knows, perhaps she might choose her own birthdate, only time will tell.

Till then, I wish you comfort and sleep.

God Bless,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anna!

Continued Blessings,

The Rebound Girl