Thursday, March 19, 2009

Anatomy Scan


The chinese lunar calendar was right for us... we are expecting a baby girl in August. She is perfect in every way and so very active.

We had our anatomy scan this morning and I got to see the heart, kidneys, measure the legs, arms and torso and all that good stuff. It all took about 30 minutes. Mr. Butterbean Sr was so into the whole thing, but when it came time to see the gender he did not want to believe it and had the tech show him twice. It was so funny. He is a bit dissappointed and I was too for a second. Its hard to believe that after all of my struggles with infertility and being blessed with a baby and then having the nerve to have a preference on what I wanted.


Now all I can think about is a baby girl, in a pink onsie, smelling like Johnson's baby lotion snuggled on my chest. Its gonna be a long 20 weeks yal!


I am in love!

4 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

I am so happy for you! I would have been had it been a boy though too. Your little girl is going to have Mr. Butterbean wrapped around her little fingers so quick.

The chinese lunar calendar says a girl for me too...we'll see if it's right.

Anonymous said...

:) yea...little baby girl! so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on expecting a little girl!. As the nursery rhyme goes- What are little girls made of: sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of.
Enjoy your beautiful bundle of sugar and spice.

Many blessings,
Anna

The Rebound Girl said...

Thank you all! I could not be more excited or more in love.