Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week 19, Day 1

Here me! I am still here plugging along with Lil’ Butterbean in tow. We have two more days before we do the anatomy scan. I am praying for a perfect baby and cannot wait to see all the perfect body parts.

Last night the baby had the hiccups. It was the cutest things. I had spicy cabbage, turkey and rice for dinner, then a slice of sweet potato pie made by my Great Aunt. It was so good. Next thing I knew Lil’ Butterbean began to dance and move around (I think that was due to the sugar in the pie). Then I started feeling these rhythmic movements. I figured out it was hiccups and I sat giggling in bliss, when Mr. Butterbean Sr. asked what was going on. I told him and then he had to feel and see for himself. It was so cute.

We are in the throws of preparing the nursery. We are moving from our huge master bedroom that will be divided into two smaller rooms and then moving into what is truly the master bedroom that we’ve used as a guest room. When we first looked at houses in the area, we noticed some had three upstairs rooms and some two. We ended up buying one of the two with the plan to divide the huge room into two. So now its time and I am so excited. I think by the end of April the nursery will be set! Yippee.

My DSD called in and left a message that it was urgent that she speak to her dad and she needed to talk to him about something. He was panicked thinking something was wrong. When he called her back she asked 'have you found out what the baby will be?'. That's all she wanted to know, she is banking on a baby sister!

Okay, so other than a huge growth spurt that left me with abdominal pains from the stretching, nothing much is going on. I have truly popped and am showing. I went out and got the Bella Band to help with my clothes since all the maternity clothes are a hot, frumpy mess. I am enjoying the Bella Band so far and recommend it to you all.

I’ll check back in on Thursday with the news from the anatomy scan. Keep your ear to the ground.

1 comment:

Searching for Serenity said...

This is great! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you to make the nursery happen, but I'm sure it will be wonderful when complete. Have fun picking everything out for it!

Enjoy your scan this week. It's so amazing to actually see something is really in there. Have fun!