Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Week 17, Day 2

The quickening! I felt distinct movement from my Lil’ Butterbean yesterday. I noticed it in week 16 as well but was not sure. It felt like little thumps on my abdomen, almost like gas bubbles. Yesterday I had a full bladder and had eaten a slice of chocolate cake and then was playing with my co-workers baby. That got Butterbean going for sure. It was some constant movement and I was delighted. After a while I was like hmmmm wonder what this will be like when Butterbean is bigger. I have nto felt anything today though. I think the fact that my bladder was so full really attributed to me being able to feel the baby.

So we are closer to our anatomy scan and hopefully finding out what we are having. The lunar calendar says girl and so does most of Mr. Butterbean Senior’s family. I have one co-worker betting on girl and another saying definitely boy. Mr. Butterbean Sr. is hoping and praying for a boy and now I am swaying towards a boy (especially after holding my co-workers son yesterday, he was sooooooo adorable in his powder blue outfit and conductors hat). Most of all I do want a healthy child first and foremost, then a boy. There I said it!

My loss of appetite is very mild now. I can eat but it can only be a small portion or I start going under. I am also quite gassy. Mr. Butterbean Sr. laughed at me because I went to use the bathroom and begin to toot like a horn. I was not able to control it. I am very private regarding my bathroom time, so when I told him I thought I felt the baby moving, he replied that ‘I would move too if you were f@rting like you did this morning’. I just gave him the side eye and told him I cannot help it. I thought, ‘The nerve of Mr. Trumpet butt to call me out’. But its all good, it is what it is and all a part of this wonderful journey to motherhood.

Toot, toot!!!!

1 comment:

Searching for Serenity said...

I am SO excited for you. Feeling the baby for the first time makes it feel real, dontchya think?

As for the uncontrollable gas...you're not alone, sister!

Happy Hump (I mean, bump) Day!