Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 18, Day 1

When will the fatigue end?!?!?! I am like a sinking ship all through the day. I am in need of a serious nap right about now. It never fails. I had to lay my head down on my desk and just let whatever happen happen. My sister called and we chatted a bit about how I am doing. I told her I am 18 weeks today and feel as though I should be coming out of this sleepy stage. The good news is my nausea is almost gone. I only feel like I cannot eat too much and if I do then I’ll be sick.

Mr. Butterbean Sr. shocked me today by knowing that I was 18 weeks and that his email reminder did not come that updates him on my progress. He likes to be in the know about what is going on with his baby. He is convinced it is a boy but said today that he wants a healthy baby first and foremost but he does want a boy. He said he wanted to place a friendly bet against me because I want a girl. Well in actuality I want what he wants, a healthy baby first and foremost and then a boy. I came to realize this just over the past week or so. I think it’s more because that’s what he wants and he’s waited so long for this opportunity. All the lunar signs and most of my symptoms point to girl though. Its all good, to hold my Lil’ Butterbean and kiss and coo over him/her is really all I want. I also want the opportunity to do this a few more times. And from what I’ve learned about God…I know it will happen.

2 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

I hope the nausea takes a hike soon. That combined with afternoon fatigue is a big bummer. BUT, there are worse things we could be dealing with at this stage in our pregnancies.

I think it is SO great that your DH husband is so involved and wants weekly updates with the status. And a healthy wager might keep things exciting over the next few months...

The Rebound Girl said...

I know I am impressed by it. Normally he doesn't keep up with stuff like that, just interested in the end result, so when he phone and said 'you are 18 weeks today and I have not gotten an update on the baby's growth'...I was grinning from ear to ear.