Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Glucose Tolerance Test

I need some help on beating this glucose challenge test. A person like me is already borderline diabetic and I just don’t see how I am going to pass the first test. My co-worker who is 4 weeks ahead of me did hers last week, failed it and had to do the 3 hour one with blood draw. I don’t wanna hafta to dat! LOL!!! I told some of my co-workers that I will be cutting out as much sugar as I can in attempt to beat this test and they said ‘well that’s cheating’. I say whatever!!! How can one be expected to pass when you come in fasting and drink that sugary mess on an empty stomach. I am gagging just thinking about it.

As it stands we are mentally prepping ourselves for a planned c-section and opting for 8/5 to have it done, if that date is available. It seems weird to say I’ll be holding my Lil’ Butterbean on 8/5. This journey has been amazing so far and I know there are even better things coming our way. We have come from wishing on a star, hoping and praying to the realization that we are truly pregnant and going to be parents together for the first time. How cool is that?

3 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

I had a boiled egg for breakfast the morning of my test. I think I 'scored' a 118. Good luck!

August 4th would be better (ah hem, it's my birthday!) ;-)

Searching for Serenity said...

From what I've read, some doctors ask you to fast. I only had to fast for an hour ahead of time. So instead of Eggos or sugar cereal for breakfast, I opted for a hard boiled egg. I don't know if that's what helped me pass, but I figured it was worth a shot. When is your test? Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

Mine is 5/21 at 9am in the morning. I am going to do the same. I've cut back on sugar a bit, but not as much as I had planned. I am sure the egg with all that protein helped balance you out. I will give it a try and let you know how it comes out.

~The Rebound Girl