Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 29, day 2

So I passed the glucose challenge with an 87. Anything under 135 is good. I guess the egg trick worked, so thanks to my blogger friend at Searching for Serenity for the tip. I had been told that you need to be fasting, but the instructions say you do not have to be fasting. I had a fried egg 1 hour prior to testing and came out on top. I also cut back on sweets that week too so I know that helped.

My thyroid testing is also good and within range. Thank goodness. Now that I have Hashimotos Syndrome we have to keep a close watch on it. I had a thyroid u/s last week and it was stable. I imagine the worst is over and I won’t have much more issue until I am pregnant again.

Speaking of being pregnant my sister’s good friend just announced she is 4 months along with triplets. She had miscarried a few years back and struggled to conceive after that. I am not sure if she did in vitro or not, but what does it matter. It is a miracle in and of itself and I congratulated her 3 times over! God is a miracle worker and every day that I wake up and feel my butterbean move, I realize his grace, mercy and power and that I have favor with him. Its spectacular.

Lil’ Butterbean continues to grow and grow. I visited my grammie this weekend and the family was in awe of the whole thing. I mean, they thought that I would not or did not want children and it is truly a blessing for them to see me great with child. Mr. Butterbean Sr. is as proud as a peacock and shows my belly off to everyone. His sister and family and parents came up over the past couple of weeks to visit as well. We have been busy but I have enjoyed it. Still have not wrapped up the nursery but its okay, I am going to spend the next couple of weeks doing that.

My excitement (and indigestion) is growing with each week. We are at week 29 and Lil’ Butterbean is kicking and moving around more and more each day. I still have issue with eating larger portions of food and getting sick, but I manage. Other than the frequent bathroom breaks (sometimes a river, sometimes a squirt) I have nothing much new to report. Everyday is a blessing and I am so in love with my little one and enjoying this pregnancy and gift from God.

2 comments:

L.A. Mommy said...

Hi there,

Just wanted to stop by & thank you for your kind words on my blog. I'm so excited for you and that you're getting so close to meeting your lil butterbean. ")

I'll stay tuned for more updates.

**ICLW**

Searching for Serenity said...

Wahoo! Congrats on passing your glucose test. One more step in the right direction.

My Nugget was most active during weeks 28 - 32. Enjoy this time. People keep telling me I'll miss it. It truly is an amazing gift.

And as for rivers and squirts...I can totally relate. I feel silly using the restroom at work sometimes because I go so little. But just before I swear I was going to pee my pants. LOL

Thanks for the update and take care!