Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week 10, Day 3

So my co-workers now know the big news. We all chatted about it for about an hour on Monday. My boss came with 2 important rules to live by. It was funny coming from him because he’s a quirky, nonchalant older guy. But he is a father and encouraged me, warned me how my life is about to change, then told me to take care of myself and not worry about flexing my hours like I had requested. He said ‘take all the time you need, I don’t care’. Just the words I wanted to hear.

So as of Monday my nausea is slowing down. On Monday I felt as though I’d toss my cookies, but I have been determined since Sunday to eat food and stop with the milk and cereal and feeling completely disgusted. I did well the last two days and hope I can continue. I even cooked on Monday. Poor Mr. Butterbean Sr. has loss weight with the lack of home cooked meals. I feel a little sorry for him, but know that he knows full well how to cook and then I don’t feel so bad. I think he was shocked to find food on Monday and he ate well, then he said, you cooked but did not even eat. I have a small aversion to meat and so I had the refried bean burrito and some beans and chips that I thoroughly enjoyed. I even had a burrito for lunch yesterday.

As of Tuesday, I have a metallic taste in my mouth. That’s new and different…and disgusting. But it all good. I just keep gargling with mouth wash and eating chilled grapes to help with that. On Monday I could feel some things happening inside, not sure what they were, but when I got my update on Tuesday it said my baby is now considered a fetus, looks more human-like and the yolk sac is gone. Yippee! We are on our way. I can’t wait for what the second trimester holds for us as we make this magnificent journey together.

I will say that I am more restless at night and finding the urge to sleep on my tummy. I am a side sleeper so I am unsure what that is about. I’ve gained maybe 1 or 2 pounds since starting out and I am pleased with that too. Hopefully I can keep myself under control. It is a goal of mine.

On to week 11!

No comments: