Friday, January 2, 2009

Week 8, Day 3

Happy New Year to everyone!

I am still hanging in there with mild nausea and now roller coaster crying. Last night I cried when a hair style commerical came on. Let me just say right now that I've always been one of those who would read about emotional pregnant women and think 'it can't be that bad, these women must be drama queens'. But as of this week I am eating my words. I was just in tears when the commercial came on thinking 'my hair is a mess'. Oh well that's what set off the water works.

This morning I realized that I have to get new jeans because none of my current ones fits anymore. I was already on the verge, but it seems the pants are too tight in the thighs. Needless to say I am doing my squats and legs each morning now. I also walked yesterday. I did extensive research on controlling weight gain during pregnancy. I DO NOT want to gain more than 15 pounds at my current weight. I am sure my doctor will agree. Starting out more than 40 pounds over my target weight is already enough without adding on 30-40 additional pounds. I think I'd be at risk of gestational diabetes and the whole nine. So I am going to fight harder to eat healthy meals and no more than 1800 calories plus my exercise. I will run all this by my doctor at next weeks visit to be sure I am doing the right thing.

As it stands I am so nauseous and disgusted with most food. I don't know what to do. Its still mild but its affecting my eating so much. I plan to get a lot of bland stuff to eat. I've been eating a lot of dairy since that is good fro 8 week baby development, but I gotta have some more variety and veggies most of all. I know I could probably eat some spinach if I set my mind to it. I have a strong aversion to chicken too. I don't want anything to do with it. Somethings gotta give though because I know I gotta do better. I recall eating a large bowl of broccoli with cheese and I want to gag. I did it though because I knew it'd be good for the baby. Now its harder for me to make those healthy choices. I will try though.

No comments: