Sunday, December 7, 2008

There is a love

There is a love and I share it with you, deep and wholly, tried and true.

Those are the words that my mother wrote in a poem to my sister before she passed away. How I wish she was here so I can share the news. I know she is looking down from heaven smiling big and wide with pride. I can hear her saying I knew you could do it. I know she's been along with me for this ride to 'the fertile land' and oh what a ride its been. Not as long as some, but a lifetime for me. I am so glad that it is finally my turn and I am excited and scared about all that is to come.

But love has propelled me forward and love will endure and make me strong. It is for the love of my little butterbean that I would do anything and I do mean anything. So if I have to drink the milk and gulp down the horse pill prenatal vitamins...I will. There is nothing loss by me doing so and only my healthy and strong baby to gain.

No comments: