Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Week 6, Day 2

I had my first doctor's appt. yesterday. It was so short and sweet. Just bloodwork and a brief talk along with a prescription for prenatals. I opted for Duet that already has the B6 in it to help stave off naseau. I have had very mild naseau so its not affecting me yet and I pray it continues that way. The great thing about yesterday's visit is they scheduled me for an u/s today. I had said how I felt empty and like nothing much was going on. I questioned if my lil' Butterbean was taken away. Today I SAW and HEARD the wonderful heartbeat of my child. I was overjoyed. I have visual and audible confirmation that my baby is there and this is not a dream! Mr. Butterbean Sr. was quiet as we watched and he could tell how pleased I was. What a miracle. My Beta from yesterday was 19307 and my progesterone is 33!

Unfortunately, they also found two fibroids, but I think they are far enough away from my baby that they will not matter. We will see what the doctor has to say at my next appt on 1/8/09. I was devastated when I saw the fibroids. One is 2cm and the othe ris 3cm. I realized I was letting them still the joy I was feeling about my Butterbean. Then I remembered how I am stepping out on faith and completely trusting God and I said 'nothing will still my joy, I will not live in fear through this pregnancy and I give it to God because He is in control'. So that's that!

I am so happy to have seen Lil' Butterbean and I have his/her first photo to add to my journal that I am writing to my baby.

No comments: