Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Week 7, Day 1

We are 7 weeks today! I am still marveling over the news and sometimes its hard to believe, but my mild nausea and loss of appetite are reminders that I am indeed preggo. I continue to have slight pangs of growth and I know from the u/s where my baby is located in my uterus...way down at the bottom left corner.

I’ve changed my diet to avoid meats and animal byproducts with any added hormones or antibiotics. This is because I do not want to give those fibroids anymore ammunition to grow. So I been at Trader Joe’s buying up the vegetarian fed meats and eggs. Feels like I am doing something good for myself and I like it. I am still not actively exercising, but that will change as soon as I hit month 3. I will be doing 20 minute walks and once it warms up, the sky is the limit for walking. I did jump on the scale to find I am not gaining any weight. My appetite is too suppressed for that and I am barely able to eat much more than a kiddie sized meal of anything. It’s a good thing though because I am already overweight and I don’t want to gain too much or get gestational diabetes. My co-worker told me to confess eating healthy and staying down and it will be so, so that is what I do. I pray over my Lil’ Butterbean every day, several times a day, thanking God for allowing me to conceive and praying for a healthy baby.

This weekend my sister was announcing my pregnancy to some of her friends who know how much my husband and I have been trying. It was so exciting to hear her talk about it and everyone was so pleased. A couple including my sister asked me what I want to have and surprisingly I said before I got pregnant I wanted boys, but now its seems I am unconcerned, but whenever I think about the baby I seem to think girl. I think its because I can pick her name if it’s a girl. If it’s a boy it will be named after Mr. Butterbean Sr. My step-daughter also says she wants a sister. She is the only girl. I say 10 fingers, 10 toes in the likeness of God. That’s all I want and am praying for.

I got all the books from my sister to read over…What to Expect, Perfect Pregnancy, Baby Names and Baby’s First Year. I am excited to read. My husband continues to be excited too.

This morning I have decaf coffee for the first time in a long while. I was holding off on any caffeine at all. I am not a caffeine person anyway, but I do enjoy my decaf. So I indulged and it was good. But I think I am done with it for a while. I am having PBJ for lunch and I think I’ll pick up a milkshake. I just don’t want to go through another day of blah and one day of splurging won’t hurt. Besides milk is good for the baby.

So nothing much but the constant lack of appetite and mild nausea. On with week 7!

2 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh, I remember the sicknes.

Small meals with a protein and a complex carb every 2 hours. Whole wheat crackers and cheese, beans and brown rice, Nuts and dried fruits, baked potato and cream cheese, you get the point.

The rule is 10 pounds by 20 weeks. You are doing well to not have lost.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

It was only through revisiting your profile that I realized you have started a new blog.
Congratulations, on many things... As previously mentioned, on your BFP, on telling the family, on keeping an online journal of your journey among other things.

Wishing you all the best for a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Anna.

Email sent.